April 9, 2009

Hyde Park Bar & Grill: Healthy Heartattack...

So I have been consistently bugged for the past few months to check this place out. I finally got around to it today with my friend Angela. I can merely describe it as a healthy heartattack and that doesn't even make sense... I guess you can say that the things we ordered sounded somewhat healthier than just a plain-old kobe beef burger, ha ha ... (which I need to try next time) ... and they sounded super super sabroso. The inner me knew that they were in no form or fashion healthy haha, but at least I got some vegetables out of it. I mean, to be honest, the contents were not so much different than going to FoodHeads, one of the tastiest sandwich places in Austin ... I guess it was just much more gourmet (and greasy). And the decor of the restaurant seemed much more geared toward couples, families, and old people... woo! But let me tell you, the fries were fucking amazing. And the sauce they came with too. I finished my sandwich first so I could barely get through half my fries ... but if I had the stomach capacity, I would have finished them. And then we got the peach pudding because people wouldn't shut up about it on Yelp. I thought it was okay ... not my kind of dessert, but not bad. It reminded me of cornbread with pudding ... on it ... and heated... haha. ...I should not be a food critic.


Fried Eggplant Sandwich
Thick slices of eggplant lightly breaded and fried then smothered with smoked Gouda cheese and a sautéed mix of onions, mushrooms and red bell peppers. Served on a sprouted wheat Hoagie bun with green leaf lettuce, tomato and shaved red onions.

Yellowfin Tuna
Seasoned and grilled or blackened with spicy Cajun seasoning. Served on a Romano and parsley foccacia bun with lettuce, shaved red onions, tomato and remoulade sauce.

famous Hyde Park Fries
voted best fries in Austin for who knows how long...

a close-up of my eggplant sandwich, mm.

Wom Kim's Peach Pudding

x,

Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment